So, this is a happy surprise. Imagine my shock when that little orange button pops up, and I learn that I’ve been nominated for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. It’s obviously made me happy, so I decided to blog about it. I also suck at acceptance speeches, so let’s get cracking.
The Award Rules
- All recipients need to thank the giver
- Post 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of your choice and let them know
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
So, in keeping with the rules of the award, here I am fulfilling the requirements with a smile on my face.
I would like to say thanks to the lovely Heidi Street, who nominated me for the award. She’s a great person, and you can check out her blog at this link to find out more.
Seven Things About Myself
- I am an absolute addict to Starbucks and Google apps. Everyone knows this, including my family, friends and the people who I interact with online. Please don’t take my caffeine and my apps away from me.
- I love watching tennis and hockey matches. And I’m a nice person, but when it’s a match, I get totally evil if the persons with me support the other team/person. Luckily, that hasn’t happened too much, because my friends support the same teams/people I do. New York Rangers all the way!
- There is a massive imbalance between my friends and their genders. I have more guy friends than female ones, despite being a girl myself. At least, I have no shortage of friends to watch hockey with, plus I have my own bodyguards when we go to malls. They’re nice boys too, and they help me write my male characters. Win!
- Despite writing my own novels and running this blog, I’m not a workaholic. I like taking days off and staying way too long in bed. Especially when it rains, or I just want to lounge.
- I love learning. I take notes on everything, and I’m compulsive about it too. I fill notebooks like crazy. Recently though, I’ve transitioned to digital note-taking, via Studyers. I may do a post about that too.
- When I’m about to sleep, I put my phone beside me. The music turns off automatically after ten minutes, and I’m usually asleep by then. I also listen to many different genres. You can catch me tuning in to Mozart one day, and then listening to Snow Patrol the next day. Loud music is a favorite too, when I just want to have fun.
- My preferred traveling companion is my dad. He’s pretty cool about things road trips, plus he allows me to pick the music. We change the lyrics too, which is fun on long drives.
Well, those are the seven random things about me. Let’s pass the award on to seven others!
- Jan Romes, who’s one of best women I’ve ever met. She’s always happy, very generous with her time and is an awesome writer – the one behind books like One Small Fib, Lucky Ducks and Stay Close, Novac!. You can read her blog here. She’s also been a guest on this blog, and the post is here.
- CR Hiatt is my next nominee. She’s the woman behind the book, Gone at Zero Hundred which is the kind of book you obsess over after you finish. You know Last Song Syndrome, right? That happens with books too. LBS. If you want to know more, check her blog out!
- My next nominee is the fantastic Dawn Torrens. Aside from being a great author, she is also an undeniably great woman. You can read about her life and her books here.
- A.E. Howard is the fourth for me. Her awesomeness is the one behind Flight of Blue, which I am going to start in two days (my excitement is embarrassingly high), after I finish my present read. Read about her here!
- Molly Greene is next on my nominees list. She has fantastic stuff on her blog, all of which will really help authors in all stages of their careers. I have her on my Google Reader. (I just said I was addicted to Google apps, didn’t I?)
- Angie Richmond. I can’t do this list without her, simply because she’s truly inspiring. If you want to learn more about her and what she does, check her out here!
- And finally, Rebecca Scarberry. I love her blog (which features amazing interviews) and her novella, Messages From Henry. You can stop by her online home here.
Whew, that was difficult. I know so many great bloggers! That said, I hope you enjoyed this post and I’m off. I have to tell the seven I’ve passed it on to. Have a great day, everyone!